- Global consumer electronics manufacturer
- Client was running two legacy mainframe applications nearly 3 decades old that held information relating to the sale and distribution of its products
- Fewer people were familiar with the underlying software technologies
- Cost to host applications was significantly more than if the data stored in a contemporary data store on modern hardware
- Data needed to be made available to support ongoing business operations and satisfy regulatory requirements/legal activity on an as-needed basis
- Client faced security, data loss, and operational risks running outdated systems
- The need to shut down these older systems directly conflicted with the need to continue to make the data available
- Archive data from legacy mainframe systems to InfoArchive
- Provide client the ability to create the same legacy reports established in legacy systems
- Retire legacy mainframe applications
- Migrate data from legacy mainframes to InfoArchive by transforming IDMS and IMS mainframe data to non-proprietary XML
- Configured Flatirons COBOL data translator so that it generated XML that precisely matched the complex record relationships in the legacy databases
- Load legacy data into InfoArchive platform
- Create custom reports that replicate client’s legacy reporting capabilities
- Retire 2 legacy mainframe systems
Results / ROI
- Eliminated approx. $900,000 per year in hosting, licensing, and support costs
- Lowered data security risks
- More easily support business operations and satisfy regulatory requirements/legal activity as needed
Let's Get Started!
How can we help you? Contact us to get started.
Flatirons Digital Innovations, Inc.
3005 Center Green Drive
Boulder, CO 80301