- One of the largeset counties in the United States with more than 10 million residents
- ERP system used for county financials and HR data was growing rapidly, at almost 3 terabytes per month
- More than 10 years of aging production data were stored on costly tier 1 storage
- County needed to upgrade its ERP, new version could not support the large legacy data load
- Tier 1 storage costs for legacy data needed to be reduced
- Develop and execute data archiving strategy to move 10 years of legacy ERP data from tier 1 storage to InfoArchive
- Deployed InfoArchive repository to store and retrieve legacy ERP data
- Initially loaded 2 oldest years of ERP data with a plan to load remaining data on annual basis
- Build single sign on and contextual link to ERP to access archive related to record
- Make archived data available for big data/ analytics
Results / ROI
- Dramatically reduced tier 1 storage costs
- Simplified ERP upgrade and improved ERP performance
- Provided data analytics opportunities for county operations
Let's Get Started!
How can we help you? Contact us to get started.
Flatirons Digital Innovations, Inc.
3005 Center Green Drive
Boulder, CO 80301