International standards organization that develops and publishes voluntary technical standards for a diverse range of materials, products, systems, and services.
The organization relies on three key publishing applications that drive unnecessarily inconsistent user experiences. Each application is built atop a database schema that is distinct from the other two yet serves many of the same purposes.
Consolidate the three publishing applications into a single application that presents the user with an interface that eliminates steps, streamlines and standardizes publishing activities, and leverages common content.
- Overall scope: CMS and application consolidation
- Consolidated repository (single schema)
- Customizable workflows for products
- Workflow management and monitoring
- Asset package assembly tool
- Intuitive search capability
- Template manager
- Convert standards, translations, journals, books and third-party content to new common format and store in consolidated repository (i.e., extract, translate, and load content)
- Retire legacy publishing platform and CMS
- Ensure standards API continues to function without interruption
Content Services Provided
- Application Development and Database design
- Content Migration
- Application Configuration
- Production Support
- Consistent, intuitive user experience for key publishing activities
- Reduced training
- Consolidated CMS
- Simplified backup and recovery
- Reduced software maintenance