- A multi-institutional healthcare system that cares for patients in the Midwest.
- Following acquisitions and application upgrades, the client was paying millions of dollars in licensing, maintenance, and support costs to maintain legacy EHR, revenue cycle management, and other applications in read-only mode.
- Outstanding patient accounts on legacy revenue cycle systems prevented the client from retiring legacy systems.
- By law, legacy application data must be available for legal compliance, but keeping it on systems in read-only mode increased security vulnerabilities and put the data at risk should an operational failure occur.
- Operating costs to maintain legacy systems were not sustainable.
- Legacy EHR subject matter expert was retiring, and system knowledge was going to be lost.
- Establish an Enterprise Application Decommissioning Program
- Archive data from an initial six applications and decommission the systems
- Design and develop an archiving architecture with multiple servers allowing parallel ingestion to greatly reduce overall time to archive legacy applications
- Train client’s staff to perform additional legacy data archiving and application decommissioning for future M&A, application modernization, and other activities
- Mix of clinical, revenue cycle, and health information management applications
- Flatirons ETL Acceleration Suite
- OpenText™ InfoArchive
- Program Management
- Professional Services
- Data Archiving and Application Decommissioning Training
- Reduced operating costs
- Lowered risk of lost, corrupted, or inaccessible patient data
- Ensured legacy EHR data is secure and accessible by clinicians who now have a wholistic patient medical history on one pane of glass
- Facilitated quicker revenue generation by making it easier to identify and collect on outstanding patient accounts from legacy revenue cycle systems
Let's Get Started!
How can we help you? Contact us to get started.
4175 Innovation Drive
Fort Colins, CO 80525