- Leader in health benefits and services industry serving more than 75 million people worldwide.
- Client was spending millions of dollars hosting and maintaining hundreds of applications that were no longer needed but that had to be retained for legal reasons.
- The physical hosting machines and the applicaitons themselves were decades old and finding people to keep the data active was difficult.
- Replace outdated legacy applications with a compliant, low-cost solution.
- Retired 3 legacy systems (healthcare information, explanation of benefits, and billing statements) composed of 10 applications as a first phase.
- Extracted 8 terabytes of data from various databases, converted to XML, consolidated in InfoArchive repository.
- Developed more than 45 easy searches and core screens to allow access to the data to keep client in compliance.
Results / ROI
- Retiring 17 terabytes from more than 50 applications in total; anticipated savings of hundreds of millions of dollars.